View Single Post
Old 14-10-2016, 00:04
Winterlover

Nice. I should go to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post
Hopefully it'll get a Blu-ray release, or if not a slightly less pleasing online or DVD release. Until such time it doesn't really exist to me, so what have I lost? Nothing.

Some possible reasons:

1) It's a clever, and telling reference to Richey not being around... no final full stop (period) on the band, eternal hope of him being ok somewhere else.

2) It's an ironic two-fingered salute to the word 'behave', as in 'hey, we don't need to follow all your punctuation rules, man '.

3) It's designed to appeal to those following the advice given. If so, congratulations, you passed the test, your pure insight, vigilance and bravery led you to point out the lack of the full stop.

4) Someone just forgot
5) It looks better. The other way looks a bit WEK.
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.