View Single Post
Old 26-12-2018, 00:18
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
Songs I love and wish to hear live: So Dead, I'm Not Working, the last three tracks of GATS, His Last Painting, A full band version of Baby Elian, I Think I've Found It.

Almost every time a new album comes out I stupid hold off buying the vinyl until I can get it cheaper. Most of the time it ends up going up in price. Since they started doing the 2 disc versions this has extended to the single disc version as well. Which has been more successful.

I have no idea when any of the band members birthdays are, what their wives names are etc... This sort of information seems to be essential for any dedicated fan however I've never really had any interest in knowing.

I love the Postcard From A Young Man shoebox thing. Mainly because it houses most of my collection from that era. By putting the form insert inside the empty cardboard padding I have extra space to make it in to a Super Deluxe boxset including all the singles (CD and 7"), 2 disc book, promo CDs, postcards and badges from tour etc...

I have to admit In the past few years I haven't been reading as many new articles or listening to as many radio interviews as I used to. Mainly because of lack of time but also because the a lot of info is just repeated.
Is this your entry for superfan of the year? I know time's ticking but...
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson