View Single Post
Old 26-01-2019, 21:33
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkanddivine View Post
I never quite know what to make of this stuff.

There are so many angles, from the mythology of the 90s that's inextricably linked to the present day band via the first 3 albums. Then there's the alleged disconnect between the family and the modern day MSP (although this is mainly rumour to my knowledge.)

Is this just their chance to put their side forward? And if that were true, it seems odd to have the line in the article about hoping people draw their own conclusions, if they believe the version on the record doesn't stack up against their own.

Intriguing either way.
I used to think that this disconnect (nice word for “can’t stand”) was a rumour too, but over the years, it’s become fairly evident that his sister doesn’t particularly like them. I wouldn’t want to speculate why, but there are rumours that Richey allegedly didn’t like the band members very much before he disappeared. Perhaps that has something to do with it. All of this makes me think this book is going to be a bit of a bashing of the remaining members. I mean, I revisited the posts that one of the authors used to make here a few years ago and they’re mostly posts bashing the band. This person is clearly not a fan of the band without Richey. I’m not saying the book will be unfavourable to the Manics, but it’s a possibility and fans should be prepared for that if they choose to read it.