View Single Post
Old 16-03-2020, 13:55
I am purity, they call me perverted

I've tried the two-album split a few times and, even including the b-sides, it's still hard to put together a convincing mellow / "60s" album, as a number of those songs still have the same scuzzy, lo-fi, claustrophobic production as the rockier ones. So yeah, you have So Why So Sad, Let Robeson Sing, Year of Purification, maybe Epicentre... after that the difference really seems to be how much acoustic guitar there is, rather than the actual sound.

A lot of people have suggested they'll do this with a reissue, so it's not surprising Nicky's mentioned it, although whether it'll actually happen or whether James will tell him to stop titting around remains to be seen.

Which looks like Lifeblood will be the only album without a deluxe edition. Perhaps this new expansive album will allow them to look back more fondly - especially after Solitude Sometimes Is appeared live last year, and James compared Futurology to having the 'sheen' of Lifeblood. It also depends on how much the label would get behind it - it was always a regular in the super-cheap sales at HMV, often going for something like £3... much like Travis's 12 Memories, the label had more faith in its commercial appeal than the public did, and almost certainly had thousands of copies lying around for the longest time.