View Single Post
Old 28-02-2020, 22:19
Winterlover

I, and i assume many others, feel your pain regarding the poorly made, incomplete and over priced boxsets so it was amusing to hear you bring that up.
The GT one was the last reissue i bought and when i received it one of the CDs was faulty so they sent me an entirely new boxset which was great i thought, no more skipping CDs!
Ripped the tracks to mp3 then put it away probably never to look at it again until the discussion came up on here about the discs getting fractures in them.
Checked mine and low and behold, mine were also cracked - well, CD1 and CD2 seem fine but CD3 is slightly cracked and, like you, the DVD looks ready to disintegrate if it even looks at a DVD player.
By the way, does anyone still have the postcards shoe-boxset?
Never bought it myself but i remember it being obscenely overpriced.

As for the podcast... agreed that there is a ton of filler which should have been relegated to b-sides or something.
I wanted to pick up on something though, i do find spectators of suicide to be a real dirge on the album but i think at that point you should have introduced them to the heavenly version which is leagues ahead and should have been on the album instead.
Album version is one of my least favourite tracks but the heavenly has always been one of my favourites.

Quote:
So the concept is this, basically. We're going to walk on this nation. We're going to walk on this racist power structure and we're going to say to the whole damn government stick 'em up, motherfucker this is a hold up. We come for what's ours" - Bobby Seale
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.

Last edited by Tim; 29-02-2020 at 13:24.