View Single Post
Old 19-03-2020, 12:58
Stretched out in the sun

Course I'll buy it, I'll buy any reissue that gets put out. Come to think of it Damaged Goods are long overdue another New Art Riot.

Eh, I'm more keen for a follow up to Resistance Is Futile that excites me rather than another reissue. Quite surprised they're up for this one, not sure how much demand there'll be for it. I love it but I wouldn't put it in me top 5 Manics albums. Probably wouldn't have in 2001 either actually lol. I mean here, we're hardcore fans, I don't know the figures of the last few reissues or what they'd expect from this but they must think it's viable. Commercially it was the start of a fairly steep decline in popularity, eh maybe we're enough for it to be worthwhile.

If that is the case, I'll be gutted if this is where the reissues end. Give me Lifeblood and Journal and take my money. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't happen though, they're the two albums of their whole back catalogue that they seem keen to distance themselves from. Probably be a bit stuck for any reissues after Journal seeing as they all had the demos on the deluxe editions.

Content wise, demos are always interesting to listen to. Eh, there are a few cassette, vinyl and promo only tracks that'd be good to get onto an official cd. Can't see em chucking a dvd in there unless they try to get away with Louder Than War.