View Single Post
Old 20-03-2020, 13:18
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
Probably be a bit stuck for any reissues after Journal seeing as they all had the demos on the deluxe editions.
The deluxe edition of Journal had demos too. I can't see much after Lifeblood getting the treatment really. It would be nice to get a Postcards set with all the b-sides on, as there are a lot in that era, but otherwise there's actually very little else to come out, other than digital-only remixes, promo edits, the odd Japanese bonus track. The Rewind the Film / Futurology era b-sides would barely fill a CD.

There's certainly enough commercial interest in KYE for a deluxe reissue, it reached number 2 in the album chart and caught the band at the start of a decline, but still in the public consciousness. In comparison, Idlewild's 100 Broken Windows only reached 15 in the album chart and got a 2CD reissue a few years ago. Laid by James reached number 3 in the chart and got a 4CD release in a 12" box with a lengthy book and a pack of memorabilia including posters and badges. Underworld's Second Toughest in the Infants only got to number 9 and had a similar 4CD 12" boxset remastered version a couple of years ago. So KYE is definitely a strong contender.