View Single Post
Old 27-05-2020, 19:59
Winterlover

Interesting guest on this latest ep though i don't agree with everything you talked about. I used to hate SYMM as well for the reasons stated but it's been brought up before on here that it has given some comfort to the victim's families and that made me reassess it. What could nicky possibly write in the verses that would not sound trite and even patronising? I think the strength of the song comes from the writer admitting his inability to offer facile answers to how disgustingly those families were treated by the police and the press but then you have the chorus which really does not pull its punches and is all you need to know. You mentioned 30 year war as being a response to this song and while it has some parallels with how the tories continue to behave like shits i thought perhaps you got it mistaken with liverpool revisited which you know is a direct response to the justice for hillsborough campaign.
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.