View Single Post
Old 26-02-2019, 23:19
Banned

Question about Nobody Loved You

So, I was watching the "Truth and Memory" doc on YouTube and it contained a beautiful accoustic rendition of "Nobody Loved You". However, it must have been an earlier, unedited, version of the song and contained a few lines that were not on the album track.

It went like this:

"Creepy creepy, dusty dusty.
What's your poison, what's your honey?
But now is now and never is never,
Winter flowers, did you ever forgive her?

Nobody loved you - but at least your (sic) free.
Nobody loved you - loved you like me.
Your uknown and gone - but at least you belong."

(Pardon the "your" and "you're" errors, I transcribed from Nick's handwritten lyric sheet and it's his mistake, not mine).

Anyway, given the song's subject matter (Richey) what do you make of the lines that were cut from it? I find the "creepy, creepy; dusty, dusty" line strangely disturbing. And what was meant by "your unknown and gone"? I'm assuming Nick made a grammatical error with the "your" in that line, because it doesn't make sense otherwise. If it should be "you're unknown and gone" that is, once more, quite a chilling line.

Do you think these lines were random and unimportant, like placeholder lyrics, until Nick could think of something better?

Another thing I've always wondered, and it concerns a line that was in the final version of the song, who is the woman who needs forgiveness and whatever for?

I know it's entirely possible that I'm overthinking this far too much. But I was curious as to what everyone else's thoughts are (if you have any).

Last edited by Velocitygirl; 27-02-2019 at 00:50.