View Single Post
Old 27-02-2019, 11:51
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac X Lee View Post
Yeah, but we're also talking about artists who were not afraid to publicly embrace their masculine femininity, as this was one of the concepts in the earliest stages of their career. Hence, Nicky was also famous for wearing skirts and dresses. Also, we're talking about artists who were no strangers to controversy, so I don't see any problems with it.

Referring to a male in female grammatical forms can have metaphoric meaning as well.
The 'her' might not relate to a person of course, just as the 'She' in 'She is Suffering' doesn't.

I can see why Nobody Loved You could have been a bit hurtful to some if Richey is the perceived subject, especially his family who quite clearly did love him. I remember an interview with James when he said that Richey had never really had a proper girlfriend and that might have been explained some of his issues. Maybe it was meant in that context or even as a bit of a dig at fans who they felt were 'claiming' Richey to some extent.

Either way, I can see why they may no longer be comfortable with the song, even though I think it is one of the best on the album.