View Single Post
Old 16-05-2019, 10:45
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
More than 4/5 songs in a 25 song setlist.
Yeah was a bit piss poor representation of Postcards that tour... I went to 12 dates and managed to get 7/12 off the album, only one I missed that was played at all was The Future Has Been Here 4 Ever. The rescheduled Birmingham date only had 3 Postcards songs but got 4 from Everything Must Go. They only managed 6/12 for Resistance Is Futile across the whole tour mind, which leaves it as the worst represented album. Maybe if it’d have been smaller venues longer tour like Postcards there’d have been a couple more, maybe not. Wondered if they’d have brought summat else into the set for this tour like they did for Futurology and the Holy Bible anniversary tours.

Not massively surprised it hasn’t happened yet, easier to fit half an album or more into a night when you’ve got less albums. My top three of the last two albums have never been played and I don’t find that surprising either. But I do find it surprising that an album in full isn’t an album in full. It’s not like when Wire was talking about “Springsteen-esque sets”, bit vague, hyperbolic and maybe people will have different interpretations of that. It’s not a statement of fact on a par with “album in full”.