View Single Post
Old 17-05-2019, 09:45
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
But they revised the tracklist for the 20th Anniversary (first known about all the way back in September). Knowing this I can't see how people on FD are feeling cheated (I'd forgive the lay person who doesn't buy the recent editions or following the band's media presence). Isn't this akin to buying a cinema ticket for Star Wars and being shown the special edition. They just didn't specify which version of the album people were getting. The tour poster even uses the 20th anniversary cover. I know Im being an obtuse pedant, but I was 100% sure Nobody Loved You wouldn't be played from before the tour was officially announced. I'm just surprised that a)more people here expected it and b) holding it against the band (or their management).
I suppose it's akin to going to see Star Wars and being shown the special edition if a key scene is cut and replaced by an out take.

Why wouldn't we expect it to be played? It's part of the album. Yeah, they revised the tracklist for the 20th anniversary edition. Doesn't even mention the 20th anniversary on here though

I was probably about 70% sure Nobody Loved You was gonna get excluded from the tour. I don't think it should've been and the adverts clearly stating that the album would be played in full are wrong. Wonder what the other 20 copies of the album from 1998 I've got are now if the anniversary is the original now. I've got a This Is My "Thruth" Tell Me Yours cassette...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondgoodandevil View Post
Fully expected Nobody Loved You to be dropped from the setlist. It's the 'and much more' qualification that seems a bit disingenuous. Much more like what...Sleepflower? La Tristesse Durera? One genuinely good track from Lifeblood isn't swaying me, especially considering the ticket price.
Much more is a stretch.. 10 songs, a set shorter than the album. Wasn't expecting a mammoth The Cure length setlist, mind. Surprised there hasn't been an acoustic break like there has in every one of their own headline gigs for fuck knows how long. Was looking forward to that most for the second half cos there seems to be a bit more variation there and with Everlasting already done that's one of the regulars gone. Ah well.

Hope I enjoy the gigs I'm going to, half-planning on sacking off Liverpool but shifting tickets... There are actually a few tickets less than face value on Stubhub of all places.