View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 23:52
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifuldistortion View Post
Has anyone else seen what a Carolyn Ayer wrote on the Richey Facebook page?! Now there's a theory they probably didn't include in the book!

Something about the sister chopping him up and mailing bits to the Russian Embassy!

There's some crazy people out there lol.
Not sure what to make of the why the person would write it because it's so weird but I felt it worth mentioning!
This person has been doing this all over the the FB band and a Richey pages for the past few days. I’m not sure if they’ve been hacked or they are going through a manic (psychological. Not the band) period. Either way, I’ve been careful not to respond or engage. I think others have been taking the same appraoch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaiden View Post
I have always thought (sadly) that he killed himself but with a little hope. I base this on his prior attempt. (Side note: There is an interview with JDB where he says the first attempt was well documented. I remember at the time thinking nope I didn't know for sure and then I came to the board to see if others watched it. I have been trying to find that interview)

As far as his disappearance, I have lots of theories based on the ticket.
I think some people think there was a first attempt while others believe what Richey said of the event, that he was testing the limits of what his body was capable of handling and that it wasn’t a suicide attempt. He did have multiple scars on his wrists during the THB tour which suggests perhaps he just couldn’t admit to himself that he had tried to take his own life.

I have never believed he killed himself by jumping from the Severn Bridge, but after reading some of the pages in this new book, I think he was a lot more ill than any of us really believed so now I’m not sure. I still think he intended to disappear and start again somewhere and as someone else, but whether or not he made it depends on if he had help from someone because I don’t think he would have made it on his own.

Question: the passport he left behind in his flat is included in the new book and, as mentioned many times before and corroborated by Rachel, was clearly staged, but it also includes the photo taken when the band did their first gigs outside Britain in 90/91. Aren’t the last known photos of him supposed to have been for his passport renewal before heading to NYC? If he didn’t have his passport renewed, why did he have those photos taken? Maybe I’m really reaching here, but it does seem odd.