View Single Post
Old 22-10-2018, 20:35
Bored out of my mind

I'm so relieved they've gone back to smaller venues this time. The last tour was devoid of atmosphere for a large portion of the gigs I was present at, so hopefully they've learnt from that one. The last time they played Manchester Ritz, it was one of the loudest and bounciest Manics crowds I've ever been in, so glad they're going back there. And York Barbican is a surprise! I presume it will be seated, but could be wrong. It's a Yorkshire gig though, so of course I have to go

As for the re-release, I'm disappointed there's no DVD, but oh well, never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comradestripe View Post
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Edinburgh (Usher Hall), York (Barbican) or Liverpool (Olympia) venues? I might go to London and know Shepherd's Bush Empire well, but, being in Newcastle, am tempted to the other ones - especially York and Edinburgh. Are any of those venues particularly good/not great?
I went to the Usher Hall date on the THB20 tour and really liked it. I've only been to York Barbican for comedy gigs (which it's fine for), so don't know what it's like for live music, but I'm going to give it a go for this tour, just because it's fairly local.

Last edited by Abstract Unknown Girl; 22-10-2018 at 20:43.