View Single Post
Old 27-01-2020, 19:52
I am purity, they call me perverted

Hello!

I'm one of the hosts of this podcast. No prizes for guessing which. Thanks for listening and giving it a go if you did! Appreciate that it's not for everyone.

Our favourite podcasts have a casual vibe to them and so we definitely set out to emulate that. We also thought that regardless of like or dislike, the Manics are an enormously INTERESTING band, and demanded a more interesting discussion than just fans saying how much they love everything. We also want to cover how different people listen to music, how it can affect them, and how to engage with the context surrounding a piece of art. We didn't feel we could do this without listeners getting to know us a bit.

Agree that we need a female presence! This is something that we're going to address with upcoming guests. We sacrificed diversity for existing chemistry in that regard.

It takes us much less time to get into the Manics based stuff in future episodes, but we do love a tangent, so there's not much hope in them getting shorter haha! The thing we wanted to do by going album-by-album is a) present a story and b) see if knowing a bands discography improves the overall listening experience of a band. Does JFPL make more "sense" if you've heard The Holy Bible, for instance.

And on the point about us getting annoying. I couldn't agree more. The three of us are the most annoying people I know.

Yeahyeahyeahyeah.