View Single Post
Old 14-09-2020, 14:43
I am purity, they call me perverted

Those lyric sheet scans look like the ones in the CD booklet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkanddivine View Post
If you look at a band like Enter Shikari, on the face of it they're keen on playing around with releasing one off tracks and EP's. Yet their track record of releasing a standard looking album every 2-3 years hasn't let up. And Tove Lo who has been lauded for the way she is a savvy, modern pop star pretty much does an album every couple of years too. And the one time she did try to do the "quick and often" thing, she lost a bit of cred for effectively chucking out a bunch of half finished stuff.
Oh there are definitely exceptions, and it seems that artists are definitely operating on their own timeframes now, some quicker than others. But I can't think of many examples of charting artists who've put out albums two years in a row lately. Ariana Grande did it and it was another case of the media praising her for having the creativity for doing so (as if it had never been done before), and both Taylor Swift and Charli XCX have done them as responses to COVID. But it does seem to be very much the exception these days, whereas in the past nobody batted an eyelid if an album quickly followed a previous one.