View Single Post
Old 14-05-2019, 07:56
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
I presume Nobody Loved You's exclusion is all to do about their feelings about Richey and nothing to do with the music in question. Nobody Loved Richey except Nick.............. And James and Sean, his Sister, his Mum and Dad, his lovers, his friends, the bloke in the local off licence who sold him his fags and vodka. It's a fair guess that perhaps the band have rightfully changed their mind on a lyric that pretty much spits in the face of the people in Richey's life which aren't Nicky Wire. Rather than using it as a stick to beat the band with, maybe we should be happy that they've grown wiser with age.
Aye, so why not take the opportunity to clarify rather than pretend it never happened?

I've seen em loads of times when they've plucked out an older, lesser or never played song and made some self-depricating quip where they end up slagging off the song they're about to play. Yeah, it was written about Richey but it needn't be set in stone. A lot of us will have had some relationship or other where someone means the world to you at a certain time and you're so certain you're the only one who truly understands them, then all of a sudden they're out of your life. Course it's not the same as the disappearance of someone who's been in the public eye, but still you've got no idea what they're up to or how you are once they're out of your life and you are left wondering, so it's identifiable on some level.