View Single Post
Old 14-07-2013, 08:43
Winterlover

Jackie Collins was a bit of a special case though, they were very adamant in saying that there were no proper singles coming off JFPL (JCEQT was more of a radio promo release), whereas they've said repeatedly that Show Me the Wonder is an actual single.

I'm thinking we'll get a physical release of some sort because they're creatures of their habit. Probably nothing like the several CD issues, a vinyl and a separate digital bundle that they've been doing for the past few eras; most likely a single CD issue, tho an additional vinyl release is probably pretty likely as well considering it's such a fad right now (in which case they better make the b-side available digitally). I'm more wondering about the b-sides: with this whole double album thing, they've probably not got many studio tracks left in store to put on singles and I'm not sure they'd start recording brand new b-sides while they're already putting tracks on the next album. Here's hoping See It Like Sutherland gets a proper release as a b-side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
Seeing as physical formats are virtually dead I would say it will just be a download. Would be very surprised if we get 2 x cds, a vinyl, etc.
Physical singles are dead as a commercial power unit, but they're still being released very often - it's just that the focus for their release has shifted from the masses to the fans and collectors.