View Single Post
Old 14-07-2013, 08:44
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar View Post
Yes but this is a proper release isn't it?
I don't even know what a proper release is anymore. Jackie Collins had a video, promos were sent out to record companies, they played it on Jools Holland etc - they treated it like you'd treat a lead single, but there wasn't a physical single.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
Seeing as physical formats are virtually dead I would say it will just be a download. Would be very surprised if we get 2 x cds, a vinyl, etc.
Nicky's quite traditional like that though, he still uses polaroids, listens to vinyl etc. They're basically fanboys themselves, I'll be more surprised if there isn't a physical release than if there is. Last time I met James he was in an independent record shop, they give the odd mention to Spillers in Cardiff and have done a fair few record shop, indies, HMV, whatever. I just think it'd be a bit inconsistent to stop releasing physical singles, as I think that'll just be adding to the struggle of the independent record shop. Not that their sales will be much more than a drop in the ocean but eh you know what I mean. Hopefully.