View Single Post
Old 13-02-2019, 23:18
Winterlover

I took the quote about Martin Hall going to see Richey's dad in a hotel lobby to ask permission to use the lyrics as an implication that it was a mere formality rather than coercion, a quick business meeting. As Richey had left the band the lyrics, had handed them lyrics through the time leading up to his disappearance I didn't understand the cynicism of the book. Richey himself spoke of throwing out whole reams of writings. I think its fair to say what he left he wanted used. Now, how he wanted them used is of course the question and one the band clearly wrestled with but I reckon if Rickey was thinking Pantera meets Screamadelica...he'd have been pleased with Journal Martin Hall is a friend too no? But no I didn't read any coercion implied

As for allegations against James.....why even bother to repeat or allude to them here. It's sheer spite on the part of SHR ... similar and equally unsubstantiated rumours have been thrown at Richey and she took them and instead of just dismissing them which is what you do with unsubstantiated bollox threw them at James. It's childish at best, playground level, and as they've no credence they shouldn't be given oxygen, even if its just to repeat so as to damn it, just ignore it and of course that shit can't be published

I don't think anyone's puzzling over why the delays and the taking down of interviews and of links to pages ha

Of course SHR is too close to the family to be objective about the family that's an objective, fair point. Any biographer reliant on a family member for access to personal documents and to certain people risks their objectivity but commenting on Rachel's finances - pure speculation; commenting on how saying she's alone in the world makes you suspicious...come off it. Of what? It's creeping into SHR make it up as I go along territory. And as for being able to grieve if everything about the man seems perfect. The point is you cannot grieve someone who is missing....I suspect anger helps a lot of people deal with situations like this, doesn't mean the anger's always justified or directed in the right way. I wish, not speaking with any personal knowledge of this family, but I wish people could be more open about just how hard it is dealing with someone close with mental health problems, how exhausting, and how angry and alone ....obviously in this case quite literally ....it leaves you and the people around them are often left alone in many ways whilst all the focus is on the individual

And I might as well dig my hole deeper I am still curious to read the book. I'm not going to be brainwashed or disappear into a conspiracy black hole I'm just curious...hell I'll get a second hand copy or try the library....to ease conscience and deny them the quid if that a sale will make them.....look how long this thread is....curiosity is a strong thing No one's so far said they've not read one of the interviews or looked back for her posts cos they're likely full of more disrespect than will make it into the book. I'm not sure if there's an implication the 3 remaining band members will off themselves as a consequence of the book in sim's post? C'mon, they'll ignore it like every other book I do hope it contains more than school reports though and on the little we know I suspect he didn't have a master plan to disappear even if the idea held strong appeal... I think our mind's can be a prison and there's no easy escape from that...
Having said that I'll be surprised if it is actually published
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson