View Single Post
Old 13-05-2018, 17:46
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitdown1985 View Post
[FONT="Georgia"]I'd love to here some of the demos, and although a tour of the album would be amazing, I do wonder if the lull in tempo between Tsunami and Black Dog might feel a bit odd for a Manics gig (assuming they played it in order). With the singles gig at the o2, they didn't play them in chronological order, could they do the same for an album tour?
Personally, I felt that it would have been an idea to do EMG and TIMT on the same night for that reason. Get an orchestra out, do all the strings and do a rock set and a chill set. Truth is a great listen, but it wouldn't lend itself to a gig in the traditional sense, whereas EMG and THB do work nicely as gigs.

I've seen a few of these anniversary shows, and only one (Garbage) played an album out of order. It could be done, but I'd imagine a Truth themed gig (with other similar tracks) would be an easier sell than just a straight play-through. All the action is really in the first 5 tracks. Having said that, the album was massively popular at the time, so you never know what the public reaction would be.