View Single Post
Old 19-06-2020, 14:37
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by James1985 View Post
I enjoyed it could feel the love for them from the audience's over there
Indeed. I thought the narration was lovely and really enhanced the film. I'm sure some of the things spoken we have all felt at some point at Manics gigs. Particularly when we first discovered them, whenever that was.

Since I had nowt better to do on my day off, I transcribed the narration:

Pieces of Sleep Narration

I sleep less now.

Time feels more important to hold onto these days.

I’m sure you feel the same.

One day I took a train. I remember pressing my face against the train window as the landscape came and went in front of me. My vision was still blurry but i was convinced that a new world was unfolding before my eyes.

Every night we went on a new adventure. Losing ourselves in the music, in the performance and the moment. I remember those nights like they were yesterday. I remember how we lost ourselves in the hours and minuses and the seconds. The truth is, we were all probably a little bit confused or anxious. We were still very young.

Osaka. Fukuoka. Hiroshima. Tokyo. Nagoya. Sendai. Sapporo.

Throughout those journeys my senses slowly sharpened. I remember the fragments of conversations with strangers. I remember the books I found and the art i discovered. I remember that we all wanted to feel something more than love.

I still watch the old clips of them many times, that I recorded on to my old VHS tapes. These days, I hesitate a little to press the play button. I always think that this might be the last time I would see their phantom-like images on the stretched and damaged tape. The colours are fading and the images are scratched and scarred and yet, they are still there, young, engaging, rebellious and full of life.

I’ll never forget the excitement of arriving in a new city. The bright colours of the streets. Flashing neon signs. the scent of food from the street stalls. Music blaring out of the overflowing bars. do you remember how we all looked at the little map of the crowded subway trying to find out where the venue was? I miss this moments. i’m sure you do too.

Amidst all that noise, the voices of countless minds rose into the air. In that moment we surrendered to the cheers and screams that surrounded us. It swallowed us up. It all happened in an instant and we became a big wave.

And then the final concert was over.

In the cool night are, steam rose from my body. My thoughts shut down and I found myself unable to speak. Lost in dreaming. I slowly recovered my breath. we kept talking to each other until a new morning came again and then we slowly returned to our normal lines.

As I sit here now and contemplate that time I wish I could lose myself in those memories again. The yearning to feel the way we felt never leaves. As the days, months and years have passed, those memories have begun to fade. Instead there is a sadness that cloaks me daily, knowing these feelings will never return.

I wish I could clasp them in my hand, That’s all I would want.

I miss those moments.

I’m sure you do too.

Thankfully they still inhabit my dreams. In between the pieces of sleep that were the times of our lives.