Thread: YouTube finds
View Single Post
Old 31-05-2018, 18:27
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
A thread for YouTube oddities dredged up in the 21st century

MTV Manics Day interviews/favourite songs, 1998: https://youtu.be/hjWOJEehhdw

Sometimes I think they come across as a bit rude in modern interviews (come on lads, sit up and speak up a bit, stop looking at your shoes) but some of these older ones are cringeworthy in their lack of energy.
Never rude. Self conscious sometimes, a little anxious, out of place, tired....Nicky sounds like he could do with a nice lie down here....but that's why I like them so.....they are themselves rather than bunnies on speed forever 'EXCITED' about everything...and AWESOMED and just God so amaaaazing I'm gonna be touring this year with the album oh my god it is so tote amazeballs I can't tell you, oh God!!! I love you all by the way and want to thank you so so sincerely for hearing me on this album, God your'e just so AMAZING.....
think on it that way....I'd rather talk to Nicky, James n Sean anyday....coffees all round and we don't even have to talk just sit and chill.....AMAZING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
I do love James's quiet intellectualism. He can talk the same game as Nicky or Richey but his body languages betrays that he doesn't completely buy into it.
This is true but I suspect there was some strong coffee in that mug....or more whiskey....hair of the dog n all
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson