View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 13:18
An imitation of dignity

Lightbulb Critical Discography Update / Something Else

(Apologies if this is in the wrong place for this)

It's been a long while since I've posted - things look different here! How you been keeping?

It's been even longer - a year and a day, actually - since I lasted added an essay to Manic Street Preachers: A Critical Discography. Despite that, from time to time I still get new subscribers to the blog and partly because of that, I've decided it is high time I got back to updating the blog regularly. Previously, I was updating daily and I think that the resulting exhaustion was one of the reasons for my hiatus - so it'll be a slightly more casual schedule this time.

Recently, I've written a short free or pay-what-you-want eBook called A Better Web: 10 Tools for a Fairer, More Private Life Online (do take a look, I'm really keen to get feedback). I've distributed the book through Gumroad and I've had a really positive experience with it, so it got me wondering: in the fullness of time, would people pay for a complete edition of the Critical Discography in eBook form? I could even have print copies made, and make those available too (I plan to do this for my next project).

So to cut a long story short, I'd love to hear what Manics fans think of this idea, and about the prospect of the blog coming back alive. Do let me know!