View Single Post
Old 21-06-2019, 14:56
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntlDebris View Post
Did I read that there's something in their contract that means Sony want a 'best of' every ten years or something? I mean, if we get one in 2021/2022 I'm sure it'll be the last - I can't see physical sales mattering much in the 2030s - but it only feels like yesterday that National Treasures came out.
No idea about that but kinda makes sense. Although I'd argue it makes sense to say a "best of" every 4 or 5 albums rather than every 10 years. National Treasures doesn't feel like 8 years ago, wow..

I remember thinking at the time when Forever Delayed came out that 6 albums was quite ample for a best of, been plenty of bands put out best ofs with less. If there's going to be another best of to include the last three albums, I can't see many people buying it besides completists. If there is going to be another best of I hope it is a best of rather than a greatest hits or singles compilation along the lines of Blur's Midlife and Suede's Best Of. Both going beyond singles and chucking a few less obvious tracks into the mix. But how much demand would there be for that from Manics? Difference being Blur and Suede were both on the comeback trail and Manics have never had that.

No idea where they are as far as new material goes but would expect that one way or another they'll do a few festivals next year at the very least. If there isn't a new album, a Past Present and Future style tour would be brilliant, I'd hoped the anniversary tours might've given em an appetite to play stuff they've not done for ages or even at all in case of I'm Not Working and Be Natural, we'll see now that they're probably done with em..