View Single Post
Old 13-02-2019, 16:51
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim View Post
Wanting to buy the book even after you've been told that it contains dubious material because you want to make your own mind up suggests that you believe there's a feasible chance that the band are liars. Again, odd to like and support such men.
I don't really think that's fair. A lot of us, myself included, pre-ordered the book before we knew for sure whether or not the the band would be slammed and now some of us can't cancel the order. I mean, I suspected it wouldn't be favourable towards the remaining band members because SHR was involved which is why I pre-ordered the cheapest digital copy I could find. Also, I don't think it's unreasonable for fans of Richey's to want to see what his archive entails. Personally, I'm not really impressed by what I've seen so far - a report card from when he was about 12, a school report he wrote about his Christmas with a broken leg and a James Dean quote about living forever that he scribbled on a piece of paper at uni. I know their stated intention is to humanize/reclaim him from the myth which is likely why they're showcasing such mundane stuff, but I can't help but think, would he want the public to see this kind of stuff?

I agree with everything else you've written though. Spot on!