View Single Post
Old 14-07-2014, 13:17
I am purity, they call me perverted

Can't believe how good they're doing!

Man, are they getting some good press or what?! Admitted, I've followed the news very intently, turning my fb feed into a manicsbook. But still - how come you guys ain't more psyched about how GOOD they (we!!! ) are doing?! None of the reviews go lower than 7, and there are loads of them this time. And plenty 9s and 9.5s too - and massive goodwill all around. It's like they are treated as heroes now, univocally, and I get this feeling that they've kinda... well, just "won."

They sure are doing a lot of interviews too, which make it to front pages online, and those interviews are really good, in depth stuff. ("Drowned in Sound" just did the best one I've ever read from them, I think)

It's like Joe Public has grown up and gone and done something else and everyone in a critical position at least respects them. Like, really respects them. Wheareas they used to always be kind of a joke, like every time something positive was said about the Manics, it was tongue in cheek, or just "hey, c'mon, look at how cute they are!" or "THE HOLY BIBLE WILL NEVER BE MATCHED!" (Honestly, FUCK The Holy Bible.)

Plus, the nr 2 spot, which, truth be told, is really really unexpected!

And it's not just the press! The album itself is truly fucking magnificent too!

So, how are guys feeling?

Let's get POSITIVE in here!

Last edited by Marat Sar; 14-07-2014 at 13:22.