View Single Post
Old 19-03-2019, 13:47
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaiden View Post
I have always thought what he said about his mind trying to subject his body to more than it could handle was such bullshit explaining nothing.

TRIGGER WARNING!

This sounds like a Dear Diary or Tumblr post, but I understand this and I've spoken with others who've been in the same frame of mind. Maybe nothing to do with Richey's motives for saying it, but at a certain point a person can feel so little respect for the body and life that they purposely do things that could lead to death without the actual intention of suicide.

A scenario would be taking a pill, then another, then another...just to see how it feels and wondering if it'll kill you and not bothering if it did. Same thing with cutting. Someone can cut deep at the places where they know there could be blood loss to the extent they pass out and maybe bleed to death, just because there's a morbid curiosity if the body could take it, and if you die in the process it doesn't really matter.

It's difficult to put into words, but it's a kind of compulsion. It's not a suicide attempt, but something that you do could take your life but you just don't care. It's not even a cry for help because in that low you feel there's no hope whatever help is offered.

Last edited by handbag; 19-03-2019 at 15:00.