View Single Post
Old 20-04-2019, 22:49
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Angel View Post
I definitely second whoever said that Rosie Dunn should have been given the job, a tabloid crime writer who has been through treatment for alcohol use - it’d be great!
This woman is awful! Sharing stories about his treatment in The Priory? Some friend! I'm really disappointed that any of this was made public and this Rosie Dunn woman should be ashamed of herself for violating a patient's right to privacy regardless of whether that person is dead or not. It sets a dangerous precedent when people can't depend on the discretion of those they meet in therapy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Angel View Post
^ poor guy - and the one thing I forgot to mention about the penultimate chapter, was the bit about the authors being enthusiastically approached by people, who then declined to talk. If everyone you meet is an asshole...
I only posted it as an example of them stretching and inventing the truth to paint a certain picture of Richey. I can't imagine he's the only one who participated that's pissed off about being misrepresented and misquoted or the stories they've shared being completely re-worked to fit a certain narrative. Apparently he's writing a book himself which I presume is about his friendship with RE. Best of luck to him!

They probably were willing to talk about him especially given his sister's involvement, but it's obvious the Manics and Co. weren't happy about this book so these "insiders" withdrew their participation.