View Single Post
Old 24-04-2019, 18:03
Winterlover

I must be an idiot but...

Rosie Dunn was a fellow patient and friend. To me she's the only one in the book who speaks of him as a real friend would, you get a true feel for the person from her and not once does she pass comment on friends or family, she says nothing and makes no assumptions about what was behind his illness nor does she reveal anything personal he may have said within group therapy sessions or to her direct and as for being a Sun journalist it seemed to surprise her too that he was open and friendly with her but they clearly clicked and he didn't make snap judgements about a person based on their job or background because in the hospital it doesn't and shouldn't really matter and to him it clearly didn't. I'd be more surprised if he found an affinity with a broadsheet journo......She gives, directly and indirectly, a rare insight into the man and she's refreshing on a stage full of bitchiness and school playground politics and half thought out ideas....
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson