View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 21:05
Winterlover

Maybe Jo wants privacy. A strange concept these days. And very underrated. And maybe in that case better if she wasn't mentioned in the pre-publicity/interviews beyond a brief answer if asked about participation

Delayed again. Maybe for good

I can understand why Rachel doesn't listen to the band isn't such a fan because it must hurt for many reasons but I feel SRH has drawn on that and taken it as carte blanche to twist a few things and make some blatant mistakes like the band only getting a deal with a major label cos of the 4 real incident. I'm sure they were already signed.....quick Google confirms the dates....hard work this kinda research....I was trying to be fair before but the things she says in this latest interview. And let me see Rob Stringer's stuck with them right up to now....It was awful that incident and if anything maybe a missed opportunity for help....sure it must feel like that to many now...but it wasn't exploited or intended to grab a bloody record deal
In one interview with Rachel she did say Richey hadn't spoken much to her or his family about his time with the band apart from being excited at the prospect of one his songs being used for Judge Dredd
The little bits on the band in this interview, like the Pantera analogy Glass Angel pointed out, Heart of Darkness....are in the public domain....
At the risk of treading into the unknown and noneofyourdamnbusiness it's a shame if his sister feels a little isolated from that part of his life (with the band) and a real shame if relations are broken or were never that strong (I certainly didn't hang about with my little bruvver's friends) I think her complicated feelings have been placed in the hands of a writer that to try and be fair lacks the experience
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson