View Single Post
Old 19-04-2019, 13:45
I am purity, they call me perverted

Book thoughts part 2

So Richey was jealous of every man Jo spoke to? Wow, yet he was talking to the press about groupies and getting a (possibly underage) handjob in Bancock? I don’t care if he made up his own rumours for effect, that is disrespectful and controlling. Poor Jo, and only a teenager at the time as well. I have heard that she was a strong woman and not a fan, but still, that relationship does not sound okay.

There’s a line in Drug Drug Druggy about Kurt and Courtney? Care to tell us which one? I’m surprised Symphony of Tourette wasn’t a premonition of Kurt’s death! And the Manics would have been huge in America if it wasn’t for Nirvana? I mean, maybe?

The quality of the writing is definitely getting worse as I read on!

I definitely second whoever said that Rosie Dunn should have been given the job, a tabloid crime writer who has been through treatment for alcohol use - it’d be great! Sad to read about the singer who was at The Priory too (I am pretty sure I have guessed who it is, actually I thought their identity was in the public domain), the insinuation that this person may have inspired Richey to do whatever it was that he did, that’s pretty hard (especially considering why he was there, and the particular struggles that the person I am thinking of has been through!)

Re an ASD diagnosis - this is close to my heart for personal reasons. I can see why the question arose in Rachel’s mind, but Richey had a diagnosis of BPD - that diagnosis accounts for his symptoms, and was made by doctors who assessed him. As to the bit about him going undiagnosed because he ‘learned female autism’, that is simply not how it works!

I’ve only got one chapter left, I think. The last chapter I read is just a waste of time. So Richey might have been planning a disappearance and left a load of clues... but some of the clues are about suicide as well... so we’ll brush over those. He might have been totally in control and planning every last move - or he might have been in the middle of psychosis, idk.

What bollocks!