View Single Post
Old 19-03-2019, 13:23
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaiden View Post
Still no takers on the fact that it was reported he was drinking, not eating, and SIB before January 95? or what happened during the two weeks till they found the car? or the "staged toll ticket, passport and prozac" in his apartment. I wonder if he ever even took the meds for at least on a trial period as they don't begin to work until anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks This should have been explained to him. Like I said earlier the emergence of the time direction of the toll have so captivating to me, I could go on and on for theories. It would have been nice to know some of this while writing an essay in college lol. And as an American IN PSYCHOLOGY I WANT CLOSURE DAMMIT! I am glad the band has learned to accept there may never be an answer (a healthy way of thinking) but I want the truth lol

Richey said this in his Music Life interview (23.01.95)

It seems you have such a clear idea of what you want. But last summer you seemed to lose track.

"I haven't had a drop of alcohol since last summer. Until then, especially since I left college, I'd been drinking an enormous amount. I didn't eat properly when I was drinking, and my vanity made me hate the idea of having a big ugly beer belly. I didn't want to be fat. So I was always drinking and I felt sick all the time. I was able to read, but I couldn't tidy the house, clean the bath, watch a film, I couldn't do anything else."

Has this experience, including the stay in hospital, changed you?

"I don't feel much different. I just realise I've got more time. 'Cos my lifestyle has become 'healthy.' I've quit the alcohol and everything. I can now use the whole day. I used to start drinking as soon as I woke up, so the day was shorter. Some people maintain that all the best writing is done by alcoholics and junkies. That's all crap: the more addicted you are, the less time you have to write. You just lose sight of your motivations and intentions. I wasted whole days. I'd wake up and feel so sick that I couldn't do anything. I lost day after day."