View Single Post
Old 22-11-2017, 14:07
Freed from the century

OKay guys,

I'm the last one to defend TM but you're kicking off for the wrong reason.

Basically, its the event orgainsers calling the shots. They decided if its print at home tickets or not. It costs the promoters more money to rent the print at home equipment and hire staff trained to use it, so its cheaper to have the tickets posted.

Given the amounts of people attending, the promoters will have also made the decision to say that the tickets cannot be replaced if lost. Which means they have to use a secure method of getting them to you which is signed for. We use DX and they cost a fortune, that money will include the cost to have them sent via a signed for courier plus the wages of the person in the dispatch department who will envelope it and scan it as dispatched, plus the envelope.

Believe me, I've worked long and hard to find a cheaper option (including renegtioating a contract with Royal Mail meaning our dispatch price for replacable tckets is lower than other vendors) but when the promoters tell us that they have to be sent secure then there is no other option than having to set that cost.