View Single Post
Old 26-02-2018, 17:26
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
So, any guesses how long it will stay in the charts this time?
What I thought was a wonderful album by an American duo entered at 27 then crashed out completely the following week.
Franz Ferdinand entered about 6th and week two saw it about 66th.

So I'm guessing no higher than 3 and about 6 weeks at best. Look forward to being the bad guy for pointing that out! But stuff just isn't charting these days .
If they did an about face and started going on about how wonderful Prince William and Harry are, it might fare better. But is that who the Manics are?

Or should chart performance be another thread? I'd love it if it spent three weeks alone at the top. But looking at the trends. Really great stuff just isn't charting.
The sad thing is, like your example of Franz Ferdinand, bands just don't get much exposure anymore on big TV or radio things, thus it means wider public aren't aware of new releases, etc, so sales are slim once the hardcore fan base have bought said release in the first few days. Hopefully the album can sell well and hang around the top 100 for 6/7 weeks, but I think (without looking) that Futurology only lasted 4 weeks in the top 100, as did RTF