View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 21:06
I am purity, they call me perverted

I think more than insulting, it's just getting a bit ridiculous. I really hope that kind of thing is not written in the book. From what I've read it seems that Richey's sister has wanted to raise more awareness of Richey and to show him as a person, in highlighting his art and qualities. There seems to be more conjecture though and the Vivians, perhaps it could be a symbol or something, metaphysically in the idea that no one really knows what has influenced Richey at the hotel. I looked at the meaning of the name Vivian in latin it means 'alive'. Also it seems the man who said he saw Richey in Goa was called Vivian. It all just seems a bit odd to say the least.

However I don't think it's a bad thing to have an opinion, theory that is opposing a stream of views, being subjective, as the worst is that someone is condemned because their intent has become misconstrued in the flow. If the book contains more speculation, than what's already known in other books, hopefully they're outlined as such and there's a sense of logic in the content.

Last edited by rosetree; 06-02-2019 at 17:41.