View Single Post
Old 30-01-2019, 21:50
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryter Layter View Post
Raven: one of the authors, Leon Noakes, confirmed on FB that the book was delayed because they had to take a portion of the book out. He’s downplaying it saying that it’s a minor change, but are the publishers going to scrap all those books that have already been printed because of a minor revision? Sounds suspect to me.
It's more common than you'd think. They've cut back so much on editing it's not unusual to see biographies delayed at the last minute. It might well be a small portion but no doubt that small portion may otherwise have landed them in the courts. I don't think the book had been distributed beyond reviewers as yet which may account for the small fortnight only delay. I don't think she has much experience. Nor the ghost Leon Noakes It's a shame as I'm sure there are good music journalists out there who would have been interested in taking this project on and offered Rachel a more experienced pair of hands

It will be a shame if all this ends up hurting those closest to Richey, Rachel and the remaining band members, more than it helps

(The tweet referred to band and court allegedly...can I get away with that? I put in allegedly I don't believe it was true which is why it's vamooshed. Interestingly the book's own website Withdrawn Traces has ironically had all trace withdrawn which did make me giggle)
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson

Last edited by raven; 30-01-2019 at 21:54.