View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 11:49
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
I'll listen to the actual song in a bit, just watched the live acoustic video now, I kind of got bored half way through but their vocals are nice.
I'm glad I listened to the full version several times first, but I love both. I hope they make the acoustic version available in better-than-YouTube quality at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa Gluten Free View Post
The Anchoress has an AMAZING voice for Manics songs. Such a contrast with James. (And she does the best LBN too).
She really just has an amazing voice generally, but yes, I think in some of their other duets with female singers James is in danger of slightly overpowering the other voice, but hers feels properly equal in power in a way I'm not sure any of the others ever have.

Wonderful stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessSenseOfVoid View Post
It took me about five listens to the full track but I finally get it now and really like it.

Love the strings, especially the middle 8 which is my favourite part. It's definitely single material (or classic Radio 2 material, depending on your stance)

The only thing that I find a little annoying is that JDB's voice little too low in the mix against the female vocal when they're singing together.
Hah... see above... I take the opposite view, that sometimes James' voice has been given a tad too much prominence in the mix of other duets... potayto/potarto... !

Agree with you about the strings, love them.

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---

Last edited by Porco; 09-03-2018 at 11:52.