View Single Post
Old 22-02-2018, 12:23
Stretched out in the sun

Do remixes still happen? Love some of the remixes but think the band/label have a bit of a checkered history with em really. I've got all the 12" remix promos from 94-02 and I love having them in my collection, very rarely listen to any of em mind. Looking back now, I find it kinda funny that they exist at all. My white label Lionrock remix of Australia has a feedback sheet with it - when and where was that going to get played? Wonder if there was a point when labels were pressing promos more for collectors than DJs.

Interesting the stuff that has and hasn't been remixed too. Course I've never done a remix meself so I'm not sure what people are looking for when they decide to do one, but think stuff like The Love Of Richard Nixon, Empty Souls and Your Love Alone sound more remixable than Pretension/Repulsion. As far as This Is My Truth goes, there are a couple of tracks on the 12" promos that never made it onto the cds, wonder if there's owt else that never made it onto the promos. Or course, if any of the sods who did the Journal mixes but weren't around in 98 fancy having a pop. Could be interesting.

Last edited by sculptureofabloke; 22-02-2018 at 12:28.