View Single Post
Old 24-03-2018, 19:48
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatik View Post
Not especially interested in reviews before I've heard an album, but I have been known to read them after, often to disagree with them.
Me too. I like reading the background, what it's about (especially with the Manics when they're introducing me to new ideas and concepts), where it was recorded and with which producer, what kind of frame of mind they were in when writing and recording etc. But I tend to avoid two-bit journalists' opinions on their own subjective "review" of a song or entire album.

For example, I loved it when International Blue came out and it made me do a bit of research about Yves Klein and I learnt something new. That is a gold example of why I love this band so much. But I couldn't give a flying fuck about what some kid on work experience at Mojo decides is a banger or a "return to form" or whatever.

I value opinions from genuine fans who have loved the band for a long time and I am genuinely looking forward to all of us lot digesting this exciting new album and discussing it here. It's been way too long since Futurology...