View Single Post
Old 13-03-2019, 19:12
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbag View Post
This is only a comment I read on Instagram, so take it as that, although I'd imagine This Person would've asked SHR.

According to the author it’s because they have to keep omitting private details (addresses, etc.) from the book...

I know Richey's flat and details where the band have lived in the past is out there and fans would know the addresses. Maybe it's a legal thing to not mention them? I'm not an author so that's only a guess.
It was Leon Noakes who made the comment about addresses having to be redacted. Other than the publishers, he's the only one who has been addressing questions about the book's delay. I haven't seen SHR make any comments related to the book outside the interviews she's given. Incidentally, someone who works for the publisher said that the book's delay was due to shipping logistics or something to that affect. It's never a good sign when you can't keep your stories straight. lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbag View Post
I really do think that sales of the book are going to be pretty poor. That's not even me having a downer on the thing. I think it'll soon blow over. I don't think the band will mention it and it already seems those who've read it are taking the info with a pinch of salt. It's disheartening to see fans being excited over receiving the book in the mail. To me it'd be like someone posting dog shit through my mailbox.
It was never going to be a best seller anyway. Richey's hardly a massive star in the music world. I mean, other than Manics fans (most of the Manics fans I know aren't interested for various reasons including the fear that the band gets slighted in it and they don't want to support anything that would put the band in a bad light) and the small following he has as an individual, the only other people interested in this book would be muso types, a few lapsed fans and the odd person interested in mysteries. Beyond that, I can't see it over performing. I do hope it reaches the right people though because I think Rachel Edwards maybe using the book as an opportunity to provoke sympathy or jog some memories among anyone who may know something about his disappearance.