View Single Post
Old 16-02-2019, 16:38
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntlDebris View Post
I also got thinking about the book size of this reissue, and I wondered if once the reissue series is all over (I honestly don't see too much chance of anything post-SATT getting a deluxe version, especially with the special editions on release), we'll have the first four albums in 12" boxes, the following three in 8" square books, and the remaining albums in the regular book format. The size would make a lot more sense if KYE and Lifeblood were presented in the same manner.

This heading dangerously close to Random Manics Thoughts, I know.
Re-issues are such a big cash cow for the industry facing declining physcial music sales. So on that basis alone, you'd think more re-issues and box sets will be coming down the tracks.

At that point it's all about which albums will withstand multiple re-issues. I'd expect the likes of EMG and maybe THB to get re-issues every 10 years. Then you've got albums like GT, TIMT which might get one every 20 or 25 perhaps. Then the others might get one re-issue in between new music.

I heard that maybe GATS could be on the card somewhere around here maybe, since it's the only 90's album without the fancy re-issue treatment, so I doubt they'd miss that opportunity, but I'd imagine that would be a 30th box set rather than a tour/2CD effort.