View Single Post
Old 28-01-2019, 02:24
Banned

I'd be interested to know where this story about "Vivian" came from and how they know she was in his hotel room. All the more intriguing because they seemt to be relating a verbatim conversation that was supposed to have happened between her and Richey. I forget the wording, but it was something along the lines of him trying to give her his passport, adding that he wouldn't be needing it anymore.

How do they know there was a woman in his hotel room? How do they know about a convo they had? That all seems like such a stretch to me. And, really, wtf is the point in him giving her his passport? What conceivable use would she have for it?

As for the woman down the hairdresser's who claims "everyone" knows he's living in a kibutz in Israel ... well, that's just bollocks. Clearly, not everyone knows that.

As for Rachel Elias' anger toward the remaining band members, that is understandable. In her position, I'd be lashing out too. But, IMO, the remaining Manics have handled Richey and his disappearance with endless tact, sensitivity and dignity. Nicky, in particular, seems particularly heartbroken. You only need to listen to Holy as the Soil to know that, or just listen to him talking about Richey etc.

It's just an awful situation all around. And, like everyone else, I hope Richey is alive and well. Meanwhile, I strongly suspect he is not.