Thread: Lifeblood #10
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2014, 17:29
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Thread inspired me to play alongside F and RTF. (I'm not hearing THB until after the gig)
It still stands up as one of my favourite Manics albums. It's different from what they've done and it works for the most of the tracks.
It's only "Emily" I find boring to listen to. The rest is full of stuff that makes you wish that whoever worked for Sony's single choices lost their job shortly after this album.
"1985" is regarded as the third single that should have happened, but I would not have chosen TLORN over A/N and Glasnost.
Even ILTFA could have been a third single.

I suppose because at the time James was troubled by the riff to "Empty Souls" sounded like a typical JDB riff, but a lot of Lifeblood's material could be easily converted into a basic three piece let alone the full band they have now.

And if the difference between Lifeblood and Futurology is Lifeblood was recorded when band members alone in the studio, then it might be worth keeping hold of that policy, as well as playing together in the studio.

Happy birthday Lifeblood! I suppose it will be your 20th when we get anyting like an appraisal or re-release.

I had the best rest reason to walk out of the band I was with because (On top of being unhappy) they promised me they'd get me a ticket for the PFF tour and not to worry about getting a ticket.

They didn't!