View Single Post
Old 15-04-2018, 14:19
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkanddivine View Post
I think I'd hold back on that. Futurology and the others have had 4 years to bed in and to reveal their weaknesses and strengths. Futurology is such a strong concept with some great songs but falls off the cliff after the first half dramatically. Resistance is a tad weaker in the beginning and I want to wait to see if this is new release jubilation or not. Gut feel, Resistance is probably the best of the bunch.
What? Dreaming a City (Hughesovka), Black Square and Between the Clock and the Bed say no. It could do with a much stronger ending, Stow Hill is fine but then it should have had Empty Motorcade either replacing or following Mayakovsky.

Resistance is Futile does get going in the second half, after many listens it feels like that's where the real meat is. I still love IB and each song in the first half is fine or OK on its own, but in a row I find them a bit of a chore to get through.
We are still waiting on this section, it's gonna be badass. But while you wait perhaps you would care to peruse the lyrics for 'Underdogs' and 'Your Love Is Not Enough', from the album 'Send Away The Tigers'.