View Single Post
Old 13-05-2019, 07:04
I am purity, they call me perverted

Enjoyed the gig. Haven't been to one for nearly a decade. Was surprised by how old everyone was! Bit of a shame there were so few under 20 or even 30 there - seems they've not been picking up many new fans, or perhaps they have but they can't compete with the oldies when it comes to snaffling tickets. 55euro isn't cheap when you're young and struggling to pay rent in somewhere like Dublin (there's another big housing protest coming up in Dublin, people face eyewatering rents/houseprices here).
Anyway, most of the album was great. Awesome mass singalongs for the singles. None really fell flat, although I'd agree that My Little Empire wasn't a highlight - too many guitars in the mix perhaps. It surely works better scaled right back. The other songs were great, but could have done with either a short break or a JDB acoustic solo intermission. Would have preferred a short break after they finished TIMT to take it all in and then have them come back on for another set, but I guess its a long album and they finished about 10:45 so were working with time constraints.
I also prefer the band as a three/four piece but, hey, they're getting on and its probably the right choice as it frees up JDB to relax and focus on the important vocals/guitar bits when needed. String section or some such would have been nice for a bit of tonal variety rather than just guitars, guitars, guitars, mind.

Last edited by cameron33; 13-05-2019 at 07:07.