View Single Post
Old 13-05-2019, 14:43
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow View Post
To omit any song from an LP is very poor when you are allegedly playing it outright. It's irrelevant if the song is good or not he should be played Live.

The amount of times they've played YSTSFMH they never omitted it and I'm sick to death of it, like many
I don't get it either. I get that there are certain songs they've written that they're uncomfortable with for one reason or another, whether it's the sentiment or lyrical content of the song or whether they're embarrassed by the song or just plain don't like it - whatever. Still, there are plenty of artists out there who are worse for whitewashing not only certain songs but whole eras than Manics are. And I think Manics have more reason to really, wouldn't have blamed them if they'd never touched The Holy Bible again after Richey's disappearance. But they did, all of it.

So this is their 5th rereleased album and 4th album tour if we count Journal. Can't see that getting anniversary treatment but it'd be nice if they at least gave it a nod on the tour with a song or two.. Was surprised when they did the Underdogs/Welcome To The Dead Zone switcheroo on Send Away The Tigers. Much prefer Welcome To The Dead Zone but doesn't feel right, well it won't when you're so used to the original running order. No album gigs but at least they gave Indian Summer and Send Away The Tigers a dust off in the summer. Been to a fair few album gigs, heard of a few where they've mixed the album up in the set to take away the predictability but don't ever recall hearing of an album tour announced and advertised everywhere as "playing the album in full and much more" without playing the album in full...