View Single Post
Old 20-10-2016, 20:05
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
So was it a live concert of all the HB songs, filmed from various gigs, showing the fans singing half of the time?
Sounds to strange that this will most likely never be seen by anyone ever again now. Oh well. So what's this other Manics documentary he's filmed but we know little to nothing about it? Wasn't that due out this year??
The audio was from the final Roundhouse gig. The footage was assembled from 10 of the winter tour dates, if I got it right. For example, the drumming you see during one song may be shot at gig a, but James' bits (hihi!) are from gig b, and the audience from c, Wire from d or any of the previous ones. While the audio is from a completely different gig, or incidentally the same. Total anarchy! Well, IF I got it right. It was beautiful to watch, but a little confusing.
I think it's quite sad that it may well never be shown again, as I really liked the gritty way it was filmed and the way the song quotes were used to introduce the songs instead of song titles. Plus, knowing that they have this amazing mix of the final Roundhouse gig, while we/I only have a mediocre bootleg... (No offence to the lovely taper who made this available, may he/she be eternally blessed!!).
The other documentary apparently goes way beyond what we have seen or heard in the documentary in the EMG20 boxset and will be aired sometime later this air on Sky Arts. I am not holding my breath, though.
edit: this year, not air. braindead!

Livet är kort, för kort för att slösas bort
Lämna hatet åt gamanar

Last edited by bachelorette; 20-10-2016 at 20:08. Reason: airheadedness