View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 09:54
I live to fall asleep

Location: I live in Seoul (S. Korea), but I'm from Umag (Croatia)
Charles Windsor absolutely.
Also It's So Easy.
Heh, I like it hard core, can't help it. ♥

For the rest, I'd need to re-listen the originals to compare.

I think Raindrops was cute in Manics' version, but better? Questionable. Especially because I was a teenager when I first grew to love it and it does indeed sound fit for a teenage TV drama.

I like Damn Dog, Working Class Hero, Pennyroyal Tea and Been a Son too, but as I said before, I can't compare them to their respective originals now.

As for Red Sleeping Beauty, it once started playing in my dream while I was taking a nap. The sound felt so real and so loud that it woke me up. It's an experience I'll never forget. And I'd put it in the same category as the so called "exploding head syndrome", which I've been experiencing every now and then since I was young and didn't know was something unusual that had a name.

The three Clash covers I've heard, well, they're cute, but I do prefer the originals here and I believe our favourite uncles would agree too. It seems like they played them just for fun and that's nice, but nothing too serious.

Umbrella, it's okay, but I wasn't too impressed by either version, to be honest. I do respect Rihanna, but mainstream pop is just not my scene. I don't hate it, but it doesn't speak to me for most of the part.

Can't Take My Eyes Off You and Last Christmas were a bit over simplified in my humble opinion. But they were cute too.

That's it for now, I might come with more later.