View Single Post
Old 16-05-2019, 20:02
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMoney MoJunk View Post
What do people make of Gwenno? I was really impressed at the Dublin gig.
I'd heard a few tracks of Gwenno on 6music recently and liked what I heard. I enjoyed her performance last night. Over the years, I think I've been happier with the MSP support lineups as time has gone on - they've generally been good over the last few tours or so.

I deliberately hadn't listened to Truth in a while before last night (I'm still to listen to the remastered album) so a lot of it sounded fresh in a way (I'm Not Working sounded almost a bit unfamiliar), which was nice. Last night made me remember how interesting some of the compositions actually are compared to some of their other albums.

Highlights were Tender, Born a Girl, Be Natural, Ready for Drowning and surprisingly SYMM. I also liked the welly JDB put into the vocals on Prologue. Black Dog unfortunately had a slight sharp whine coming out from nick Nasmyth which put me off a bit.

Quite liked Umbrella, but would've preferred a multitude of the band's own songs over that choice.